Thursday, December 27, 2007

Nobody's Hero


Welcome back from the Christmas break, those of you who decided to come back, and those of you who had no choice in the matter. Regardless, I hope everyone's holidays were nice and stress-free... or as stress-free as they can be.

Anyway, back to Mr. Gordon. Here's yet another attempt to draw a new version of Flash Gordon. This time, as you can probably tell, I went in a completely different direction. Yes, that's a pot belly. Why, you ask, does a world-famous pulp hero have a pot belly? All part of the plan...

I tried taking the costume in a different direction here, as well. I decided to ditch both the 'classic' look and the 'movie' look and try for something more futuristic. Hmmm... not overly-successful. Looks like he's wearing some kind of exercisewear. Ah well.

The woman is, ostensibly, Dale Arden, the female protagonist from the comics and movie. I was going for a more retro look with her, and for some reason she just reminds me of a 40's-era movie actress. *sigh*

Back to the drawing board.

Not much else to say for now. I'll be back Monday with the last post of the year, which probably won't be anything fancy, but we'll see what happens.

Later!

Music: "Star Wars (Disco Remix)" - Meco

No comments: