Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Knight's Blade



Brawler. Swordsman. Scientific Genius. Knight-Errant to Arthur of the realm of Avalon. Leader of the most powerful group of people ever to walk the earth.

This is The Knight Blade.

Also, best friend to Captain Apathy. But that's not something he likes to brag about.

So yeah, this picture about killed me. I spent approximately 9 hours working on this, mostly all at once. It started out easily enough, another directly digital design. However, the more I thought, and the more I looked at it, the more complicated and convoluted it got. So much of PS is still new to me, so I'm always trying and learning (and unlearning) new tricks and abilities. As a result, I tend to have to backtrack and rework different parts of the picture until I get it right. Not to mention, working until 4am is never good for the art. But, it was totally worth it. This is one of the most successful pictures I've done, in terms of goals set and goals accomplished, as well as lessons learned (see "working until 4am").

So, there you go. Number 2 in a series of indeterminate length.

Music: "Spirits in the Material World" - The Police

No comments: