Thursday, June 10, 2010

Playin' Your Guitar, Sweatin' Out the Hate


I just watched 'Crazy Heart' tonight.  Good lord, what an amazing movie.  I haven't been so moved by a film in... well, a long time.  I'm not sure what it is about the movie that speaks to me so strongly, but it really did.  Maybe it's the idea that, no matter how many mistakes we've made in our lives, no matter how dark the night can seem, there is always another chance to set things right, another chance to find the light.

There is still hope in the world.

Music: 'The Weary Kind' - Ryan Bingham (or watch the movie to hear Jeff Bridges' and Colin Farrell's renditions)

PS- I did this in Photoshop in about 90 minutes, using the cover art directly.  I normally don't like to 'trace' like this, but I really needed to get this drawn and posted- it's not about the 'art' of it, it's about how I feel and how the movie made me feel. 

 

No comments: