Sunday, June 6, 2010

Son of K'un-Lun

This is totally ripping off David Aja's amazing artwork.  Excuse me, 'homaging'... or swiping, if you've read my previous posts.  As I don't get paid to do this, I don't mind so much.  Plus, it's a great way to learn how to draw better.  It's why they have aspiring artists try to copy the Masters' artworks.

Anyway, Iron Fist.  Awesome book from a few years ago, written by Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction, two of my favorite writers.  It's a crazy
Kung-Fu/Pulp/Retro/Modern/Exploitation/Kitchen Sink book- completely nuts and exactly why I love it.  They took a 70's character and brought him into the modern era, not by jettisoning his past, but by actually giving him more of one than he ever had before.  Fantastically fun read- plus featured some outstanding art from legends like Russ Heath and John Severin (who still draws some of the best war scenes ever). 

Hope life is making you smile, wherever you are.

Music- I don't know, that music from "Kill Bill" will work...

No comments: