Monday, September 3, 2007

Wonder Twin Powers...




Welcome back from the holidays.

Today I'm continuing with the HP sessions, so to speak. This time around I've got the scene-stealers of the HP books, Fred and George Weasley. Fred and George rarely take center-stage in any of the books, but are still very popular. They are unrepentant tricksters, always willing to test out some new trick on an unsuspecting victim. However, they are loyal friends of Harry. Anyway.

With these pictures, I was trying to hit a couple of notes. One, I wanted there to be some resemblance between these sketches and Ron; after all, they're family. I tried to use a similar jawline and nose as with Ron's picture a few days ago. Also, the freckles. Two, I wanted to get across some of the rebelliousness of the characters. Whereas I imagine most of the folks in the HP world to have longer hair (being out of touch with muggle styles), I wanted the Twins to have short, stylish haircuts. Fred's wearing a stylish dragon-skin coat, while George is wearing his Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes work-robe. Hopefully they look like they're full of fun and life, while being guaranteed to be pulling a fast one on you. And they're wearing bolo ties, for some reason...

A short post today, so hopefully I'll have something more to contribute next time around...

Music: "The Other Side of the World" - K.T. Tunstall

No comments: