Thursday, February 21, 2008

For a Few Pencils More



Nothing fancy here- just a very quickly rendered "pose" figure. After drawing 3 other pictures in one night, I still had a little bit of artiness to get out and, with the aid of some Muse (via MP3 player), I sketched this out. Unlike most pictures recently, which are started with non-photo blue lead, this was just an 'energy' sketch, done with a 6B pencil, I think. It might have taken a minute to draw. It's always fun to draw like this, kinda just moving along to whatever the music takes me to- I don't often know what will come out. Nothing fancy here, but it was fun to draw.

Once in Photoshop, I tried to keep the same looseness and energy in the coloring. All the coloring was done freehand using the Wacom tablet (excepting for one instance of color-correcting the hands). I wanted a funky, retro-type background, so I took a pre-loaded pattern from PS and blew it up until I had a decent sized checkerboard. There you go- start to finish was about 30 minutes (not counting time looking up pictures of saddle shoes).
(oh- I also cleaned up the bits of annoyance in the Bob Marley picture)

Anyway, that's all for this week. Tomorrow, I make the trek back to the 'Burgh, snow or not! See you next week.

Music: "Knights of Cydonia" - Muse

No comments: