Monday, May 5, 2008

Blogs from the Edge, 1


Well, I appear to be doing better than expected with posting, though admittedly, this is the first one for the vacation.

It's been a great trip so far, all two days and some change. The drive in was fine, as I wasn't hellbent on getting here ASAP to maximize my usual weekend-long trip. Saturday was quite the eventful day. My friend Dan came out 'burgh-way to make the trip to the North Side with me to the Carnegie Science Center so we could see Bodies, the exhibit with the plasticized people and parts. Educational, and alliterative. It was great to see so many people interested in the exhibit, though for educational or morbidly curious purposes I can't say. I found it very interesting, and it was certainly fun to try and dredge up vague memories of all those classes from college (Dan and I both being Biology majors). The one downside to the exhibit was that no cameras were permitted, and there were too many people around to permit the time and line of sight to try to sketch anything. Still, very fun. And after that- Iron Man! Fantastic movie, both as a 'comic book' movie and a straight-up action movie. The acting was superb all around, and Robert Downey, Jr. just owned the part. Good day.

Today was a bit less active, but equally fun. I had a drawing session/photoshop class with Joey and Sean- showing how much I have yet to learn in Photoshop, and how two people can approach a task from completely different directions and achieve nearly the same result. Then, out to celebrate Dan's birthday with his folks. Finally, back here to set up my computer and go to work on the sketch and this post. Sadly, I wasn't paying as close attention as I thought; Photoshop wasn't working as well as I'd hoped. This is only the most preliminary start on the picture. The rest of the week will hopefully be progress on this, or something else entirely... Ah well, tomorrow is another day. What that day may bring? No idea. But it should be fun.

Later!

Music: "Supernatural Superserious" - R.E.M.

No comments: